Pago de Larrainzar
Pago de Larrainzar > History of a dream

History of a dream

One hundred and fifty years ago, the Larrainzar family acquired an extraordinary estate in Ayegui which is adjacent to the Irache Monastery, at the foot of the Montejurra Mountain and on the famous St. James’ Way (Camino Santiago).  It was in this estate that Luis Larrainzar, the great-grandfather of the founder of the Pago de Larrainzar Winery, established a vineyard of Tempranillo grapes and a small winery with limited production that was awarded a gold medal in the wine competition held in connection with the 1929 World Exposition in Barcelona.

Over time, the Larrainzar family decided to distance itself from the world of wine making.  But for Miguel Canalejo, this part of his memory has now been revived with Pago de Larrainzar.

In 2001, he decided to realize the dream that he had been developing over the past years:  to “create” wine in his family’s land and offer the world a personal product.  Two of his children accompany him in the project:  Miguel Canalejo Lasarte, as technical director, and Irene Canalejo Lasarte, as marketing and sales director.  In addition, they are advised by renowned experts on viticulture and enology, such as the prestigious enologist Ignacio de Miguel Poch.  The team is complete with the winery’s enologist, Igor Crespo and Marian San Martin, as Customer Service Manager and Wine Tourism Manager .

The Pago de Larrainzar Winery was inaugurated in September 2006, coinciding with the release of its first wine, Pago de Larrainzar 2004.


Vea nuestro vídeo corporativo
Vea nuestro vídeo corporativo
Ver vídeo >
Síguenos en Facebook Síguenos en Twitter Síguenos en Youtube