Pago de Larrainzar
Pago de Larrainzar > The Wines > Rosado de Larrainzar

Rosado de Larrainzar

Vineyard: 100% Estate owned by Pago de Larrainzar, 17 Ha.

Vintage: 2021

Harvest: September 17th, 2021.

Blend: Merlot 80%, Tempranillo 20%.

It was in 2019 when we decided it was time to look for new challenges, beyond the blended reds that identify us. Thus, we were encouraged to make our first rosé wine and for this we were lucky of collaborating with the greatest expert in these wines; the winemaker Fernando Chivite. With great enthusiasm, Fernando worked with the Pago de Larrainzar team from the very first day. In this new vintage, we have applied everything we have learned to amaze once again with a new Larrainzar Rosé.

The challenge has been to make a fresh and fruity wine, but long, complex and delicious at the same time. We have avoided easy rosés, those that only remind us of jellybeans. This is a rosé that will appeal to those who are not rosé drinkers: rich, long, and full of nuances. It is fresh, fruity, and super elegant, perfect to enjoy all year round. A rosé that breaks with stereotypes, starting with the one that says that rosés are not wines for cellaring.

Following the tradition of Navarra and the strict regulations of the Navarra Control Board, this wine has been made by the “bleeding” method and only with red varieties from our vineyard, with a dominant Merlot varietal.  After the harvest, we carry out a brief maceration of the grapes with their skins, and then separate the free-run juice by bleeding, without pressing.

Once the larger particles had been removed, it was time for fermentation, at low temperature and on the lees, to gain body and unctuosity.  We combined two types of fermentation: 75% of the wine fermented in small stainless-steel tanks and the other 25% in French oak barrels.

After fermentation, the wine rested on its fine lees for just under 2 months, both in tanks and in oak barrels.

After tasting the different wines, we decided on the final blend of this rosé.

We appreciate an attractive salmon colour with pinkish hints, very pale, clean and bright. On the nose, it shows an elegant, fresh and subtle aroma, with a first entry of citrus fruits such as red grapefruit and mandarin, wild strawberry and lychee, and hints of white flowers. When drinking it, its freshness stands out and it reaches the center of the mouth, bringing richness to the palate. Balanced wine with high acidity, which gives it length and freshness. It is a wine with volume that will leave a long and pleasant aftertaste of wild red fruits.

 We have bottled 2,028 bottles and it is certified as suitable for vegans.

Alcohol: 13.5% Vol

Total Acidity: 6.7 g/l

Volatile Acidity: 0.44 g/l

Vídeo

Vea nuestro vídeo corporativo
Vea nuestro vídeo corporativo
Ver vídeo >
Síguenos en Facebook Síguenos en Twitter Síguenos en Youtube